DC Health is the lead agency for teen pregnancy prevention efforts in the District and believes that convening, coordinating, and integrating a multitude of teen pregnancy prevention programs in the District is critical to achieving District-wide impact. In alignment with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Community-wide Teen Pregnancy Prevention Initiative, DC Health engages youth early in preventive health and reproductive life planning through a multi-component and community-wide approach.
To reduce and prevent teen pregnancy and improve adolescent health outcomes, the Community Health Administration provides technical assistance and oversight for the coordination of community-wide Teen Pregnancy Prevention (TPP) Programs. A network of community-based providers implement evidence-based or evidence-informed teen pregnancy prevention curricula in school and community settings for elementary, middle and high school male and female youth, ages 5-20.
乐动体育官方网站Each partner of DC Health’s TPP program provides education, life skills training and access to adolescent-friendly services, with goals to:
- Promote educational success
- Achieve a reduction in unintended pregnancies
- Improve prenatal and postnatal health
- Improve parenting skills
- Increase access and utilization of health services
- Increase the number of youth with a reproductive life plan
乐动体育官方网站DC Health’s Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program partners are:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Children’s National Medical Center
- Crittenton Services of Greater Washington
- Healthy Babies, Inc.
- Sasha Bruce Youthwork, Inc.
- The Young Women’s Project
- Urban Institute
For more information, please contact us via email at [email protected]乐动体育官方网站 or via phone at 202.442.5925